WEP is a type of security algorithm for 802.11 wireless networks. The purpose of this algorithm is to offer more security and confidentiality to the data than the traditional network. This is a combination of 26 hexadecimal digits.
Steps for installation of range extender using the WEP encryption on the main router are:
- Firstly, check the wireless encryption on the main router.
- Connect the range extender to the computer and connect to SSID.
- Go to the Netgear WiFi Extender Setup Wizard either using the web address or IP address 192 168 2 150.
- Select the network which is using the WEP encryption type.
- Enter the WEP key on the first number followed by ‘Next’.
- If you want to keep the wireless settings of the main router as it is, then click on the checkmark, ‘Use the same security and password for existing network’.
- Click ‘Continue’ and wait for few seconds until you get the message on the screen.
- Reconnect the wireless client to the new wireless name of Wi-Fi.
- Search for the box which says, ‘Once you have connected your devices, click ‘continue’.
- The confirmation page will be displayed showing the account has been properly configured.
The steps discussed above will help to install the extender using WEP encryption on the main router. If you are having any problems, you can talk to the expert available 24×7 online.