Today we are witnessing how medical technology and DNA testing are taking us in completely new directions that we could only dream of before. With advances in genetic analysis, criminals can be identified, innocent innocent people and diseases can be diagnosed easily. But now, custom genetic profiling can be used in more subtle and predictable ways.
By anticipating and identifying potential health and disease risks, you may also be more susceptible to personal DNA testing as you become better at making healthy choices to improve your quality of life. If you also want to know more about DNA testing and its type you can view our product range . Summit DNA Ireland is a national DNA, Drug & Alcohol testing service, each case is treated with care, professionalism and attention to detail.
You can learn how your body will respond to complex carbohydrates during and after exercise. You will also learn more about your body's individual protein requirements. Having such information can help you lose weight while you are struggling, or help you excel as an endurance athlete. More importantly, DNA testing can help you figure out what types of diseases and health risks you have inherited or inadvertently have a genetic predisposition to.
Find the DNA test that's right for you
1. Metabolic Health Assessment – This test tells you how your genetic profile may affect you now and in the future in three important areas: heart health, type II diabetes and obesity, and immune efficiency.
2. Glaucoma and Macular Degeneration – The second leading cause of blindness worldwide with more than 2.5 million people in the United States at risk of developing glaucoma. Take care of your eyesight; Glaucoma early detection can be successfully treated.
3. Optimal athletic performance – This test can help you determine what your genes are telling you about your athletic potential and which sports injuries you are more prone to.
4. Thrombosis – Can identify the risk of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism, both of which are high risk coagulation disorders.
5. Stroke Scans – Stroke is the third leading cause of death and the leading cause of long-term serious injury in adults in the United States. Find your potential risk.
These are the different types of DNA tests you can do as per your need.