If you get an orthopaedic dog bed for crates you need a rectangular bed. You can still use the heating unit on the bed for a comfortable sleep.
However, if your dog chews, the heater can cause complications because you don't want it to chew the cable to the heating unit. You may need to cover the bed with feathers to create that warmth. If you are looking for a high-quality orthopaedic dog bed with bolster, navigate to https://betterworldpets.com/products/medium-thick-orthopedic-memory-foam-dog-bed
Polyester fiberfill will not give him the support that orthopaedic memory foam will provide. You might be able to put a soft pillow-type bed on memory foam so that it can curl more easily. Always buy a bed with a removable cover. Clean often, at least every week.
Every dog is different and has different needs. You must decide:
• Where will you place your bed?
• How does your dog sleep – curl up or lie down – or both?
• Can the bed be placed near an outlet so that you can insert the heating element without using an extension cable?
• Will the bed be placed outside or inside?
• Are there any covers that can be removed?
• Do you want an orthopaedic dog bed to suit your decor?
• Are raised dog beds a good choice?
Choosing a good quality bed will last longer. In the long run, it may be cheaper than buying several lower quality beds. Choosing the right dog bed is important and choosing an orthopaedic dog bed is probably the best choice.